Sunday 28 July 2013

The Starting Trouble

The trouble has always been to set things into motion. Many of you must have always heard of the word 'Procrastination'. Well, for you it might be just a word, for me its a way of life! I keep until tomorrow what I can  finish off today. Here I am finally getting myself together to write what is probably my first blog-post.

With great humor, I recount a 12 year old me reading something about a 'blog' in the last page of the then Gulf News tabloid almost a decade and a half ago.'Blog!.. Ah.. a new word' I wondered. Those were the days when you take everything your English teacher tells you seriously and you embark on an overzealous vocabulary-building mission.

I rushed to the sacrosanct Bible of English language, yup, my pocket Oxford English Dictionary to decode this new word. I enthusiastically flipped through the pages only to be stunned to a stupefaction. The bespectacled school girl me let out a gasp of horror as I couldn't find the word. For the first time in the whole twelve year life my most trusted guide had let me down. Suddenly the magical book had lost its charm. My puzzle solver didn't have a solution to this strange word. I was overcome with a new found sense of respect for this word 'blog'! I felt like standing up and saluting it.

All this was a long time ago, as the years passed by the bespectacled school girl grew up, went to college as a contact-lens wearing dental undergraduate. After that she briefly transformed into zombie PG student who had given her soul to the Department of Pedodontics. Fortunately that phase is over.

Honestly speaking, I feel like I'm released from the prison of Azkaban from the clutches of the Death Eaters.  I have broken free from the shackles that I has tied me down and this is period of my Renaissance where I breath the air of freedom and live my life the way I want to.

So today I decide  to revisit the word that once earned a respectable position in my cerebrum.

Maybe tomorrow I shall bungee jump from Burj Khalifa ;)


2 comments: